Thursday, August 17, 2006

Canon City

No rest for the weary, and Sunday morning Nicole and I were on our way to Canon City. The morning started out with a train ride through the Royal Gorge. Pretty cool ride, it had been a LONG time since I had been on a train.

But the real excitement of the day came after the train, when we whitewater rafted through the Gorge. Hadn't done any whitewater since my sis and I would tube down 'ol Penns Creek. She'd get out and walk past the whitewater, but I'd always tackle it.

Anyways, the whitewater in the Gorge was a bit more than Penns Creek had ever offered. Pretty scary at times, but the trip was a blast! I got to ride at the front of the boat, which was awesome. We even had a fat guy fall off the boat, it took me and another guy quite a while to pull him back in.

FYI, Canon City is on the way to Monarch from Colorado Springs. Invihashers looking for something to do on Friday afternoon should look into doing one of these trips.

Pics are here.

3 comments:

BRAE said...

Nice check in the sky.

Jes said...

Fuck off! Get out and walk...

Penns Creek is hardly whitewater...

Jes said...

Oh yeah...good luck with your racing this weekend!