Monday, August 28, 2006

Mt. Yale


Decided at the last minute to join Free Bus(c)h and Knees Up for a climb up all 14,196 feet of Mt. Yale, my first of the Collegiate Peaks! And what a trip it was. Cold weather, snow, and clouds that kept visibility to less than 15 feet. On a clear day you can see 30 other 14ers from the top of Yale, but on Sunday I could barely see my hand in front of my face.

It was me and four chicks, and I must admit that as we approached the final ridge to the summit I had doubts as to whether we'd be able to make it. Conditions were really shitty, but these were all Colorado chicks so they were able to hang tough.

Of course, about 20 minutes after we left the peak the cloud cover lifted and the sun poked out, and it turned out to be a beautiful day.

Congrats to Katie on her first 14er, and to Melissa for finally getting up off the couch! For the record, it was my 11th 14er.

Pics can be found here.

3 comments:

Chlamydia said...

It looks like New Haven!!! Hahahahahahahahaha, I crack myself up!

Congrats on the 11th, how many more 14ers are there in CO?

brownie said...

Depending on how you count, there are about 56 14ers.

Chlamydia said...

I thought maybe you were trying to do them all in your first year there!