Saturday, August 05, 2006

Air Force Update

Talked with the Air Force recruiter yesterday. Had to go to Peterson Air Force base, about six miles from my house. First thing I noticed as I was signing in to get onto base was that the AF chick working behind the desk was hot. Didn't see that very much in the Army.

Anyways, talked about the AF Reserve. Also talked about Western PA, as the recruiter was from Butler. Good local benefits, such as use of all post facilities (they have a pretty good gym) and entry into military night at the Colorado Springs Sky Sox games (cheaper beer and hot dogs!). Asked about the posibility of moving back to Pittsburgh halfway through any committment I make, and that was fine, I'd just finish up my time with the local unit out there.

Plus, I got a sweet Air Force Reserve t-shirt!

Couldn't really talk about AF jobs. All he could offer that day was a cop job. But he said that towards the end of Sept the new job list comes out, and due to a new unit in the area being stood up there are gonna be a ton of jobs on the list. So I'm waiting 'till that comes out.

Part of me wants to do the cop thing. It's the closest thing to the infantry the AF has. Probably the most adventurous job too, with the best chance to deploy. But I think I'm gonna stick with some technical job, get some good training that can lead to a decent paying civilian job someday.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

The cop things sounds cool...although Glocks suck.