Tuesday, March 01, 2016

incline #18/track

Took advantage of the extra day to get over to Manitou after work.  Thought the Incline would be packed, but I saw no one.  Relaxed effort, just felt good to be outside in late February and not freezing.  Hope to get to 25 before March ends, halfway towards my goal for the year.

Up early on Tuesday to hit the track.  3 x 1 mile, 600m RBI.  6:18, 6:20, 6:46.  GZ had a recent post on Wanjiru/Kedebe going at it a few years ago, and how badly Kedebe tanked during the final part of the race.  He must have felt similar to how I felt on the last mile.  In my defense, I actually quit this workout after the second mile, but forced myself back onto the track for that final repeat.  I should have just done two.  But I'm a winner for trying, I suppose.

Stout month is over.  Finished the 29 day run with the Java Stout from Santa Fe brewing.  Can't wait to drink nothing but PBR and IPAs for the next eleven months straight.

1 comment:

GZ said...

Is it the foot? If you like I can whine on its behalf for you.