Thursday, March 03, 2016

garden roads



Caught the Banff film festival here in the Springs last night.  One of the better nights in all the years I've gone (eight or so).  Maybe I'm just jaded with the whole running thing right now, but the flick about UTMB really turned me off due to the North Face demanding to have their logo in the shot at all times.


Springs was recently ranked the #5 city to live in.  At this point in my life I couldn't imagine leaving for Denver or Austin, two towns I've spent a lot of time in.  Way too big.  The Springs is growing as well, but luckily we are insulated from that as the city grows uncontrollably east.  If we had to leave for a big city, it would be for Pittsburgh or Madison.  Note: the next move we hope to make is to Salida, which did not make the list.


Nice seven miler on the Garden roads this morning, 60 minutes. 


Believe it or not, there was actually a time when the dog wasn't allowed on the bed.






4 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Harrisburg didn't make the list. Perhaps if it was a top 200 list.

brownie said...

Harrisburg would make my top 25 Pennsylvania towns list.

Andy said...

One of the things I loved about living on the west side was that the majority of my life "happened" within a 5 mile radius of the house so just as you said... my life was insulated from all of the growth. That being said I STILL would never move back! LOL!

Bob Johnson said...

Our crime rate is higher per capita than most PA cities but we do have Troegs and a semi clean river.
I've only driven through Colorado Springs so someday I'll need to check it out.