Monday, March 07, 2016

Incline #21

Awesome weekend on the books.  On Saturday I headed over to Monument Valley Park for the Nielsen Challenge.  Ran 12:27, with splits of 6:27 and 6:00.  Felt so much better on Saturday than I did on Tuesday crapping out mile repeats.

After the Nielsen I took out the fat bike for a killer ride - Red Rock Canyon, the Chutes, Chamberlain, Cheyenne Canon, Buckhorn, Columbine, Spring Creek, and back to Fossil Brewing.  A hard 23 miles with 3500 feet of climbing, three hours.

Nice Saturday night as I headed over to Manitou for two of my favorite local bands.  Blue Frog at Kinfolk's, then Colorado Floyd at the Mariner.

Finally got some time on my feet on Sunday.  Knew this would be rough due to the hangover, but at least I got to suffer.  Over to the Incline, Barr Trail, Red Mountain, then back to the house via Intemann and Red Rock Canyon.  Only 17 miles, but 4.5 hours at least trying to move forward.  Gives me a little hope that I'll at least be able to finish Salida.

Garmin watch is on the fritz and is refusing to upload.  I recently started a sabbatical on bookface, now it looks like I'm not going to bother with strava either (my watch is supposed to automatically upload to garmin connect, my go-to log, and then it automatically sends that info to strava; I'll take the time to manually type the info into garmin, but not strava).

Took a few pics on the run.  Here's the Incline taken from the Intemann trail:


A shot of Red Mountain from the Intemann trail:
 

The Incline taken from Iron Mountain:


The Incline, Rocky Mountain, and a bit of Pikes, the view from Iron Mountain:
 

The sprawling metropolis of Manitou Springs:


The Manitou track, with the Garden in the background.  My house is somewhere in this pic. 


1 comment:

The Padre said...

Huge Congrats On Dumping CrackBook!! And I Totally Dig The Photos!!

Cheers