Wednesday, March 23, 2016

hills

Having a pretty good week so far.

Monday and Tuesday were good weather days.  Not so much today, though it seems we're not getting hit as bad as the folks in Denver/Boulder.

Monday is a rest day, so the dog and I took a nice morning hike and then I biked to work.  Was still beautiful (and light) after work so I took the long way home - up Cheyenne Canon to the Columbine trail, then down to Spring Creek, then back home via Gold Camp and Red Rock Canyon.  I had the thought while riding those trails that not many folks have a better commute home from work than I do.

Tuesday morning I got up to head to the track, but in the time I walked from my porch to the sidewalk I decided it was too warm out for the track and I headed over to Red Rock Canyon instead.  An hour of running those trails was just what the doctor ordered.  Also got in a good 20 mile road ride on the way home from work.  Legs are pretty beat up after three straight days of solid riding.

Today, the same day that GZ decides he wants to get fast, I figured it was time to start learning to run up hill again.  Headed back to Cheyenne Canon and ran the old Canya Canon 6K course, then back down.  Snowing this morning.  Too dark to go without a headlamp, but turning on the headlamp just lit up the snow and I couldn't see.  But it was fun, and I did run the entire thing, which I wasn't sure I could do right now.  52 minutes to the top (it's exactly four miles from where I start).  Going to make this my Wednesday morning run until all the snow goes away, then I'll switch to a hump day morning summit of Mt. Muscoco.

Pitt is looking for a new hoops coach.  Very bittersweet as I was still a big fan of Jamie Dixon, but I admit the program has lost a bit of luster since we joined the ACC.  It was actually announced that Sean Miller was going to take the job, which caused the heads of every member of the Panther nation to explode with joy.  Why would the head coach of a top program take the Pitt job?  Check out this video, and check out who made the pass...



Hot damn those uniforms are the best!

Anywho, Coach Miller is not coming home, nor was he ever thinking about it.  So I wondered how a legit media joint could make such a mistake.  I sometimes wish I would have taken a path towards a career in journalism, and I found this article about sources awesome to read, regardless of the Pitt slant.

1 comment:

GZ said...

The Big East in those days was the golden age of college hoops. At least for me.