Monday, March 21, 2016

week in review

I was hoping for a big bike week and a smaller run week, but weather forced the opposite.  50 miles running, 70 miles on the bike.  Got in another 13 miles of hiking with the dog.

We got snow and frigid weather on Saturday which crushed my spirit.  Wanted to get in 100K on the bike but it was just too cold for that.  Got out for a slow two hour run over in Red Rock Canyon instead.

On Sunday the dog and I headed up the Incline, trip number 24, and then I grabbed the bike and bolted down to Canon City.  Due to time constraints (I had to be at Murphy's for BLOS's 40th b-day party) I only had three hours to ride.  Explored Temple Canyon Road, then popped out at the south rim of the Royal Gorge.  Made two big climbs (including Skyline Drive) back to the City.  31 miles total, lots of climbing.

I have found that I can run 100% pain free in Altras, which has me stoked beyond belief.  I won a pair back in August and they were pretty much an afterthought during my Hoka phase.  But they may have saved my running.

2 comments:

Wyatt Hornsby said...

Which Altras? What is it about them that you like? The Hoka Cliftons are the perfect shoe for me but I have yet to find a decent trail show. Was thinking about giving the Hoka Speedgoat a shot.

brownie said...

I have some issues on my left foot - the heel and just below my big toe - that the Hokas don't play well with. Which sucks, because I do like Hokas. For whatever reason the Altras don't bring out the pain.