Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Incline #19

Beautiful Monday night on the Incline.  Dog was a little shit which made for a slow time due to trying to keep her under wraps, but I still got up the hill.  Waiting for the big crowds to show up now that it's lighter longer and it's been very warm, but I've pretty much had the Incline to myself the previous two nights.  Met $100 at Manitou Brewing after the run to help celebrate their two year anniversary.  Their High Ground IPA is really hitting the spot for me nowadays.

Decent month in February.  185 miles running and 320 miles on the bike.  Had some rough weather in there but I somewhat kept keeping on.  I still struggle with the lower running mileage, as my brain will always default back to running, hence the 320 miles biking still continue to register as a goose egg.  Overall I feel like I continue to trend in the right direction as far as overall fitness is concerned.  Salida will be a shitshow though, I'm guessing I'll be hiking a lot and finish on the wrong side of six hours.

Knew of this story, but never saw the picture.  A few years ago this guy was in town for the wounded warrior games, and he did the Incline.  Think of him next time you're coming up with excuses for bailing on something.


No comments: