Monday, February 29, 2016

weekend

On Saturday we went up to Black Forest for the final race of the winter series. 

I've been dealing with some foot issues for a while now.  Some days I don't notice it at all, some days it's about the most painful thing I've ever experienced.  Usually it's somewhere in between.  Saturday was not a good day.  Ran the usual eight minute miles up until just before mile eleven.  Then I saw Marc walking with his kid in the 10K and I quit and walked it in with him.  Meh.  Glad to have the winter series over, mentally and physically none of the four races were enjoyable for me.


The most electrifying man in masters running has stolen my look!


Not all gloom and doom.  On Sunday morning I got in Incline #17, then $100 and I made the quick trip down to Lake Pueblo for some mountain biking.  Lots of fun riding 26 miles on the sweet singletrack down there.  Need to quit riding the fat bike all the time, it's really allowed what little technical skills I have to go to shit. 

Tried two new breweries over the weekend, neither of which were overly impressive.  Cogstone Brewing Company here in the Springs and Brues Alehouse down in Pueblo.  Think I'm up to 126 Colorado breweries now.  Seems like all of them that aren't in east COS are ones that I want to go back to.

Might have two spots in our Salida house for marathon weekend open.  Contact me offline if interested.

No comments: