Wednesday, February 24, 2016

quarters

I've been in a funk ever since I accused GZ of being soft.  Maybe he cursed me?  This was a planned down week due to some other life events I need to attend to, but I seem to have lost any energy to work out.  OK, it's all due to a lack of sleep over multiple nights in a row, but it's more fun to blame GZ.

Headed up to the track on Wed AM for some 400m repeats.  200m RBI.  Untimed as I forgot the timex and I'm not sure how to do this with the garmin.  Managed eight of them.  Had to run all the way out to lane three at times due to snow.  Solid effort.

Pikes has a ton of snow right now.  She's as white as I've ever seen her.  Must have got hammered during our last storm (Mon night/Tues morn).  Last report from Barr Camp was 18 inches, and that's only halfway up the hill.

Saw this pic online.  Whenever I run the Garden roads, this is the entrance I take.  It never gets old.


Way behind on the stout posts, but rest assured the streak is alive.  Went with a classic tonight.


4 comments:

GZ said...

You didn't have your watch?! This damn voodoo doll is working a lot better than I thought!

brownie said...

I slept in today as well. Just can't get out the door if it's under 20F.

Jeff Valliere said...

20 degrees? Pfffttt... You'll have to up your game. GZ gets out no matter what, be it in an airport terminal or parking lot, dark icy trails in Nashville, being followed by punks in Ireland, along barbed wire fences in Beirut, laps on a cruise ship, around a boy scout pig roast, past nude photo shoots in the Bahamas, you name it.

GZ said...

I really should have stopped that run in the Bahamas.