Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Denver

Awesome weekend up in Denver.

Got up early on Saturday to get in a ten mile run in the Garden and an hour on the Surly.  Then drove up north and proceeded to drink away the rest of Saturday.  Met up with a bunch of the northern guys, hitting Great Divide, Mockery Brewing, and Crooked Stave.  Had enough beers to call out GZ for being a whiney bitch and Shad for being on PEDs (I have notified Dick Pound on my theory).

After that it was off to catch DU/CC at Coors Field.  Seemed like a great idea to have an outdoor hockey game at a baseball field but we were so high up and so far away from the game that we couldn't see much.


Then it was off to catch Galactic at the Fillmore (dropping by Sancho's on the way, of course).  Galactic is one of my favorites, but they had left a bad taste in my mouth after a lousy show when I saw them down in NOLA last year.  But they killed it on Saturday, and the band is back off my shitlist.  Such a great show.  If I had a phone that was capable, I would have ordered tix to the Landing Festival right then and there!  Should have just pulled the trigger, now I have to slowly work on the wife about that one.

Crossed something off my bucket list after the show, as I headed back over to Sancho's and closed the place down.  Definitely like the place much better in the afternoons when there aren't a million people there.  But it was awesome to hang there and then take in the sights of Colfax after 2AM on a Saturday night (Sunday morning) as I stumbled back to my hotel.

On Sunday we took the dogs (Meesha was in Denver as well) for a nice walk at the Chatfield dog park before hitting Living The Dream brewing.  Love that place.

Good times.  Great to see all you Denver/Boulder/Littleton/Lakehood peeps!  Lets do it again soon!

2 comments:

GZ said...

I was just happy your dog did not bite me this time.

brownie said...

She got sick last time she bit you.