Tuesday, June 03, 2014

May

Was hoping for a bigger month on the bike, but it is what it is.  Did finish that 100 miler, the farthest I've ever rode by 35+ miles, feeling pretty good so maybe I'm doing something right.

202.89 miles running, 43.5 hours.  50 miles, and what seemed like 43 of those hours, were at Quad Rock.  Also covered 25 at Collegiate Peaks and 26.2 at Colfax.

281.5 miles on the bike, 24.5 hours.  One third of all that at Greenland, most of the other miles came to/from work.

And just like that I'm looking at the beginning of Leadman.  Marathon kicks things off on the 14th.  Only other long runs I'll do will be pacing Shad at Bighorn for 35ish miles and a few trips up and down Pikes. 

I feel really confident for the Marathon and the 10K.  We'll have to see how those other events go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just discovered this blog a week ago. It's the best beer/running blog ever. I'm from Harrisburg, PA and will be in Colorado in August and look forward to running and drinking as much as I can.
I'll drink a Troegs Hop Back tonight while perusing more of your blog.
Regards,
Bob

brownie said...

Small world, I was born and raised in Sunbury, about 45 minutes north of you. Drink some Yuengling after that Troegs!

Unknown said...

I drank a shit ton of that back in the day ( early 90's).
Haven't had one in many years but they started making ice cream again after many years of not, and it's good but steap.
I also lived in Halifax for a few years during my childhood and that's even closer to Sunbury.
Cheers,
Bob