Wednesday, June 25, 2014

still alive

Back in the Springs after a kick ass 1500+ mile Wyoming roadtrip. I'll get caught up on posts later, but for now, the highlights:

-Paced Shad at Bighorn.  It can really be described as going for a run with Shad as he crushed the final 34 miles and didn't need me for anything.  I just went along for the ride and enjoyed views like this all day:



-Visited Lander, WY.  This town has a rep as a big climbers mecca, and I took the opportunity to visit.  Included the side trip to Sinks Canyon and drinks at the Lander Bar.

-Saw a two story outhouse in Encampment.

-Returned home via Trail Ridge Road and the Peak to Peak Highway, something I've wanted to do since I moved here.

-Hit Colorado brewery #100 with a stop at the Mountain Toad in Golden.


2 comments:

GZ said...

Was stoked to see Shad get it done.

brownie said...

He was an animal the last nine hours of the race. But I kept his ego in check by constantly insulting him.