Monday, June 09, 2014

beer 158 and 159



I'm going to kick Kircher in the balls next time I see him for that Peru beer.  Holy shit was that some disgusting swill.  The Oatmeal Stout from San Luis Valley Brewing was pretty tasty though.

Got up Pikes on Saturday with Sharpie and some locals.  Pretty clear from Elk Park to the top, though some crappy weather blew in and we weren't able to run back down.  I'm typing this on Monday afternoon and we did get quite a bit of fresh snow last night, so getting high on Barr might be off the table until the weekend.

OK day at the Garden ten miler.  O'Day threw this down on Saturday so I had to make sure I defended my back yard.  Definitely not my best Garden ever but anytime I go sub 70 on that course I'm happy.  Especially on the heels of a pretty good two day bender.  Lots of people judge their fitness in different ways - heart rate, weight, strava segments - but for me, knowing I had a good race while nursing a raging hangover gives me quite a bit of confidence.  A terrific day on the shit talking front as well, as I destroyed O'Day, Brooks, Liz, and Hessek.  And it looks like I won't race any of those bums again for a while, so they should all expect daily e-mails reminding them of their defeats until at least January.

3 comments:

mtnrunner2 said...

Hangovers are a form of endurance training, right?

Beer 160 or 161 should be some Stone Enjoy By 07.04.14. You won't be disappointed. http://tinyurl.com/nfbr77o

brownie said...

I've had their Enjoy By 4/20. Those brews are somewhat hard to find around here.

Anonymous said...

You rate your fitness based on beating Liz...for shame. Strive to beat the boys not the girls. #bitchplease