Wednesday, January 08, 2014

beer #7

The plague has returned.  But it's switched from a killer sore throat to a horrible cough that only shows up around 9PM.  And I cough uncontrollably.  Monday night, $100 had been called into work so I was alone, and I thought I was going to pull a muscle or break a rib the coughing fit was so bad.  So I went to the bathroom and did a shot of what I thought was cough medicine:


Whooo, felt like I slugged down straight acid.  Hurt like hell.  And it didn't help my cough.  $100 later informed me that this stuff is actually not cough medicine, it's the stuff you put in a vaporizer.  She said I should read labels before drinking stuff, especially stuff says "for external use only."  I swear, being married is sometimes like having your mother around.


The beer I drank earlier in the evening tasted much better than Vapo Steam.  How's that for a unique beer review!


Kircher brewed this, and while I hate to compliment him, this wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  In fact, I thought it was better than some of the pumpkin beers put out by real Colorado breweries.  But before he gets too big of a head, it wasn't near my two favorite pumpkin beers - Emma's Coffin (Trinity) and Pumpkin Patch Ale (Eddyline).

4 comments:

GZ said...

I think I pulled a muscle or broke a rib laughing so hard that you drank the vapo steam stuff. Sure it was not just another way to hit the bottle?

Anonymous said...

Agree with GZ, about choked to death laughing that you drank that vapo shit. You're a real genius, sir.

Patrick Thurber said...

"flammable" - always just assume that means "contains alcohol" and is thus safe to drink.

brownie said...

P, I like the way you think!