Thursday, January 02, 2014

beer #2

This cold is still kicking my ass.  Slept in this morning.  Almost started feeling better during work, and I was starting to make plans to run with the dog when I got home.  Then on the bus ride back my throat started hurting like hell.  Not a good start to Leadman training.  But at least my paleo diet is going well.


Beer number two was an O'Fallon 5 Day IPA.  From O'Fallon Brewery in O'Fallon, Missouri.  If you lived in St. Louis in 2008 this was voted best beer by the Riverfront Times.  Pretty good stuff.  I drank this while fixing a flat on the Surly.  I seem to get a lot of flats on the front tire, could I be doing something wrong?


This pic reminded me of GZ.  He needs this on a shirt for when he yells at kids to get off his lawn.


Was looking through some old pics and saw this one.  Lots of good times at Kinfolks.  Never again, unfortunately.  I heard the Dulcimer shop is leaving as well, and that's been there for quite a few decades.  Hopefully some more t-shirt and knick-knack shops open up so city council can continue to receive parking revenue.  Word on the street is that most of the businesses on that side of Manitou Ave are having trouble.  Old Colorado City continues to replace Manitou as the cool place to be.  Buoyed by, of course, the new distance running mecca of Pleasant Valley.


7 comments:

GZ said...

I ask kids, name the one musician that will have staying power beyond your high school years.

As they typically can't think of that, I ask, who is your U2 or Rolling Stones or Led Zep or Beatles or Bruce or even hell, Bon Jovi. I am not saying I have to like them (but I might) but who are you going to look at when you have kids and say, yeah, that music was good. And still is.

I listened to and enjoyed a lot of crap music. I might even still enjoy it occasionally. Who is that that today though. Adele? Maybe Jack Johnson. I dunno.
Okay, Muse maybe. Or Foo. But that ain't what the kids listen to unless they are really cool.

Shad Mika said...

Check your rim tape on your front tire. It may need to be replaced.

brownie said...

GZ, nothing since the early 90s grunge will be around for any length of time.

Checked the tape several times, it seems good.

Jeremy said...

Check the rim tap, run your finger around the inside of the tire and see if there is anything sharp (happens)..

If you're riding over crap, get better tires! Schwalbe Marathon Plus have good flat protection.

mike_hinterberg said...

What Jeremy said! Sharp rim tape edge or even a poking spoke nipple (it's cold out, I swear!)
Unless you're getting pinch flats from too little air.
Or buying some really thin racing tubes that actually leak noticeably quickly? (All tubes leak but thin race tubes are more about weight than durability)

Second the Schwalbe's, and I think they have a reflective stripe so that drunks can see you before hitting you broadside...only complaint is that thick rubber is harder to get on/off esp. with painful fingers in the cold, but otherwise nice.

Jeremy said...

Where did the bacon snacks come from.

brownie said...

Xmas present from some friends in Germany.