Wednesday, January 01, 2014

beer #1

Around 10PM on December 31, $100, the dog, and I headed up the Incline to Rocky Mountain to watch the annual AdAmAn fireworks on Pikes Peak.  We had talked about doing this for years and finally pulled the trigger.  Rocky Mountain gives one of my favorite views of Pikes and seeing the fireworks from there was pretty awesome.  Unfortunately none of our pics turned out, so you'l have to make due with one I stole from a local news channel.


Incline #51 on the year since we were up before midnight.

As soon as the fireworks started I opened my first brew in the 365 beers challenge.  A Heady Topper from The Alchemist in Vermont.  Pretty good, though certainly not the best thing to come out of Vermont (Phish).  Again, no good pics but here's a stolen photo of the logo:


I must have caught some kind of nasty bug on the mountain last night, because I woke up feeling horrible.  Nothing new for me on January 1, but I hardly drank last night.  Could not bring myself to put forth any effort at the annual Rescue Run 10K, easily jogging to a 52 minute finish.  Didn't even go to King's Chef afterwards I felt so bad.  Once again, my pic was used to promote this event:


In other news, Kircher is claiming to have hiked a 19,872 foot peak down in Peru.  Photo looks pretty suspicious though, seems this is something Timko could have set up in his living room.


Final mileage for 2013:

Running - 2633 miles, 388,498 feet of climbing.  Average pace of 4.9 miles per hour.
Biking - 1000.5 miles (yes, I was aware of where I stood on my last bike ride home from work).  Average speed of 9.1 miles, which is well above the 8.3mph you have to average to finish the Leadville bike.
Hiking - 235 miles, with 43000 feet of climbing.  Most, if not all, of this was with the dog.

2 comments:

GZ said...

51<54.

Way too many clothes on Kircher for that to be a Timko shot.

Chris Boyack said...

Good on ya for still making it to the race. Malcolm and I dropped by the diner, but could barely squeeze in the door! That place was packed. Put our names down for a table, then left about 5 min later after realizing we were going to be there a very long time. Good times. See you at the fat ass.