Friday, July 29, 2011

over/under

Gonna go with 3:10 on the over/under. Will be trying like hell to go sub three, but I'm not sure I have it all put together right now to do that on a tough course. I'll probably go sub three pace through 20 miles and then fall apart over the last 10k. There is a hash beer check, so that's gonna cost me some time.

Guess right and I'll buy you a brew. Guess wrong and I'll come collecting. I know I owe PG and Nick a beer, if I'm forgetting anyone over past bets please remind me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough course? It's at sea level you wanker! Since you already are thinking of lame excuses, I’ll beer wager that you can’t beat 3:35

Thanks again for pacing me to a WS100 finish.
John C.

brownie said...

Damn, I drag your ass 20+ miles and the best you wish for me is a 3:35? Next time I'll make sure you cross the line in 30:01...

Hone said...

under

Jesse said...

If you aren't under 3:10 I will be pretty shocked. UNDER.

J.P. Patrick said...

I'll take the under. That long ass, steep downhill through the Haight is after the 20 mark. Don't be scared! I saw poor bastards grabbing hamstrings like a snipper was on a roof!

GZ said...

Under. You have obviously learned how to sandbag from me.

Local Mind Media said...

If you don't run under, then no pacing me at Leadville and no ride in the mcDavid helicopter

J.P. Patrick said...

I have a feeling that the five beers bet on under vs. the one beer bet on over had something to do with the 3:20...... I call bullshit!