Saturday, July 16, 2011

38:41

Not a great race, but I'll take the time. And I'll definitely take the beatdown I gave to Gerald.

Very fast start. 5:40 first mile, which was downhill. Didn't know that mile 1 to mile 2.5 was a long hill, so I suffered for a while. Hit mile 3 in 19 flat. Mile 5 in just over 31 minutes. Several times I wanted to give up and phone it in, but I kept plugging away. Threw in a good kick once we hit the warning track at Security Service Field and caught third place with about 20 feet to go, but he held me off.

4th place overall. The 38:41 is a Colorado PR for me.

The 5k was crazy. 15:04 won it for the men. Tera Moody went sub 16 to win for the chicks. Taking Runner's Roost forever to get results up (they were not available after the race, and no awards were given out) but I'll post a link when it happens.

Here's a good shot of me crushing some little girl with my punishing kick:

5 comments:

GZ said...

Nice work ... Pace it right and you ought to be sub 38.

Local Mind Media said...

Great job cracking 40 for a 5k!

Rich 23 said...

Course was short by about 40 seconds according to someone that ran. Start was not in correct place as it should have been in the parking lot east of the hill. I heard that the start was on the road (tutt ave) so it would make the times look faster then what they should have been.

brownie said...

Damn, Runner's Roost jacked everything up. Some people have been saying the 5k was short, but the 10k seemed on. But yeah, the start was on the road.

I'm not listed on the results. Guess I DNF'd.

Jesse said...

you beat Gerlad Romero? Wow.