Friday, July 16, 2010

post Hardrock

Slowly getting back after Hardrock. Took Sunday through Wednesday off. 25 minutes with the CRC crew on Wednesday. An hour last night, though that was interrupted by a stop at Castaway's for a quick brew. They're closed on Mondays, so chances are that the Jerry Garcia DIM hash on August 2nd will start at Mo's. Not much running this weekend, but after that I'll get back at it for three weeks to stay ready for Leadville.

Recommitted to my new year's resolution of doing a ton of push ups. John O made a call on the Colorado Running Company facebook page to do 50 push ups and 50 sit ups a day until the end of the year. Started this afternoon at the rock gym.

Also been doing a ton of yoga lately. They're having a challenge at corepower, you have to do 20 sessions of yoga in 45 days. After each session you do you get a sticker to put on a board, like they did back in 2nd grade with gold stars. For some reason these kind of rewards motivate me. I'm up to 51 times for the year now, and four times in the challenge, which has been going on for 5 days now.

Grabbing lots of volunteer hours this weekend. Woman's Distance Festival on Saturday, Barr Trail Mountain Race on Sunday. Debating on which shirt to wear for the chick's race - the "I Love Fast Chicks" that the CRC gets for the volunteers, or my brand new Smokey the Bear shirt that says, "I Put Out."

Thinking of jumping in this as a b-day present to myself. It would be a much better workout than the Run for Rwanda, though that is a race I could possibly win (it's the same people who put on the Turkey Trot that I won, by a lot, last Thanksgiving). Either way, I have to race that day, since I'll be running from Fish Hatchery to Leadville that night with Brandon. I'll be using one of two lines that night: "Dude, I raced today and still kicked your ass," or "Dude, of course you beat me, I raced today."

4 comments:

GZ said...

Still waiting for the homage shot post Boston. You still are talking a lot of smack for a kid who got smacked down.

brownie said...

I do owe him a shot of me kneeling. Can't believe we didn't do that in Beantown, though post-race we were concentrating on drinking a lot of beer.

Brandon Fuller said...

Lots of things can happen in the woods at night on a run. Be careful.

Olga said...

Sometimes you sound like real human being:) I am thinking I shoudl jump into same challenges.