Wednesday, September 02, 2009

two more...

Two more good runs to report.

Last night I met up with BLOS and Todd at Trinity to run the long route. Started easy enough but we continued to pick up the pace throughout the run. 8.3 miles through the Garden. BLOS and Todd now have the current Trinity long course record at 63 flat. I followed shortly behind in 64:44, and had to remind those two that neither had been on Hope Pass within the past ten days. Lots of smog from the CA fires.

This morning I gained a moral victory by getting out of the house by 5AM. For my efforts I was rewarded by having to go SUPER slow in Red Rock Canyon because I couldn't see anything. Where the hell did the early sunrises of summer go? 90 minutes, 7.5 miles. Just the easy effort I needed after a fartlek and tempo run yesterday.

Hope to nail a long run tomorrow morning, and a planned ascent of Mary Jane in Winter Park should put me over 50 miles for the week, not too shabby considering I'll be attending a hash weekend.

1 comment:

Smut Mutt said...

I assented MJ in WP on the Sunday E1 trail although the hares only went up 1/4 the way before taking a right and paralleling the mountain. Truth be told, I'd have rather climbed something other than a ski resort with all kinds of crap everywhere at the top (wasn't that great).