Monday, September 14, 2009

still here

Thanks to GZ for this article, reminding everyone that it's not the health care system that's the problem, it's the fact that we're a country of fat people who are too lazy to do anything about it. Guess it's much easier to scream and yell at everybody than it is to drop ten pounds.

On that note, my blood pressure this morning was 122/82. Several months ago I finally admitted to the fact that I had very high bp. Decided I better do something about it. Working out more obviously wasn't the cure, since I've been very active ever since I can remember. So with a little help from my personal dietician Meredith, and my personal chef Katie, I made a few simple changes to my diet to get the numbers down. Now, I'm going to go eat a pound of salt...

Still running. 26.2 miles around the Academy yesterday, twelve miles this morning.

I swear I'll get this blog up to date one of these days.

7 comments:

GZ said...

That is a high BP? I thought 120 over 80 was normal. Post Pikes they had me at 110ish over 70ish.

GZ said...

You still expecting to be up this week in 2 weeks?

Gagger said...

Tell your Pirates thank you for the wonderful birthday present. The Astros won 2 out of 3 against Pitt this past weekend! :)

Smut Mutt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smut Mutt said...

American heart association says you should be under 120/80, so you're not way over their guidelines.

As you know, I agree with you on the obese. One of my favorite heartless, right-wing quotes is:
"People who don't care about their health do not deserve health-care".

brownie said...

My BP used to be much higher, higher than 150 over 110. No pills, no doctors, no hospitals. Shows what a little will power can do. But I guess that'll get me called a nazi nowadays.

GZ, I'll be up there in mid-October. It'll be the day after I run the Oil Creek 100 in PA. I'll get in touch with you about a short, slow run and some beers.

brownie said...

And shut your dirty whore mouth, Gagger.