Friday, September 25, 2009

Black Canyon

Katie and I took a side trip to Black Canyon of the Gunnisson National Park on our way to Telluride. Didn't have much time, but we managed to squeak in a 5-ish mile run on some awesome trails. Very beautiful place, I definitely recommend dropping by if you're ever in the area. Thinking a nice recovery trip after Hardrock would be to get a backcountry permit and hump some PBR down to the river for a night or two of camping.

Slowly earning back the loot from the National Parks Pass. Grand Canyon ($25), Black Canyon ($15), Colorado Monument ($8), Sand Dunes ($3), and Bandolier ($10). Probably hit the fossil beds soon, and I have a trip to Mesa Verde scheduled for next month when I visit Durango again for work. So it's looking good to get to the magic $80 that a National Parks Pass costs...



1 comment:

Shad Mika said...

If you tell them you have a disablity you can get what is called "Golden Access Passport" which is a free lifetime admission permit for all the National Parks and Mounuments. I went up to Rocky Mountain National and got mine at the booth there. My hearing loss got me mine, did not have to show anything of course the hearing aid is a give away. I just signed a slip and they gave me the card. They do not advertise it, you have to ask for one. I happened to come across it on the website in really small writing at the bottom of the webpage. You could tell them you are mentally retarded and get one.