Wednesday, May 06, 2009

HPb 163 - the long run home

I've said this several times this year already, only to wake up and have to shovel my walks, but I think spring is finally here.  Saw quite a few babes laying out near CC, and saw my first snake of the season, which about made me shit my pants.  

Great run home from the office to the Santa Fe trail, south to Bear Creek Park, over to Section 16, and back to Manitou via the Intemann trail.  The flat Santa Fe section felt great, the rolling hills of Bear Creek Park started to wear me down, and Section 16 and Intemann were brutal reminders that I had run a 50 miler a few days earlier.  Had a blast though, and I must say running 14 miles home on the trails beats driving six miles home on the roads any day.

Start time - 6:00 PM
Distance - 14 miles
Time - 2:23:54
Pace - 10:17 per mile
Weather - clear skies, 65F, great reptile sunning weather
Weight - 168 lbs

No comments: