Wednesday, May 13, 2009

here we go again...

A local deputy DA was busted for drunk driving over the weekend. See the Gazette story here. This was the same DA who prosecuted Barbara Thomas, who last summer hit and killed two local cyclists while all hopped up on prescription painkillers.

It's always fun to read the comments section on the Gazette when stuff like this happens. I don't like to pass judgment on DUI folks (well, unless they happen to be the same people who prosecute DUI cases here) since I realize it's beyond a miracle that I never killed anyone driving from Austin to Fort Hood shitfaced so many times. I've gotten much better, though nowhere near perfect, since I moved to Colorado.

Drunk biking, however, I'm all about that!

1 comment:

Carie said...

I like that she's suspended with pay. Wtf?!