Saturday, May 09, 2009

18:40

Little bit better this week at the Alex Hoag 5K.  The wind was awful, might have gone under 18:30 if I didn't spend half the race holding my hat on my head.  First mile in 5:50, two miles in 11:45, then had some trouble keeping the legs turning over.  Finished 14th overall out of well over 400 runners, though about 386 of those were fat joggers and walkers.

Got my Leadville packet in the mail today.  I made it to Winfield in 11:23 last year.  Really pisses me off that I started menstruating after that and gave up after Halfmoon.  Ugh!  I have some unfinished business with that course this year...

But right now, it's on the bike and over to Arctic brewing!

6 comments:

MW said...

what kind of a wuss wears a ufcking hat to a 5k?

MW said...

Was it your pink and purple Kentucky Derby hat, or a black beret with a red fluff ball on it?

brownie said...

Hat wearing during a 5K is an honor bestowed upon those who have gone sub-three for the marathon. Maybe someday you'll get to try it.

Unknown said...

Awesome time! Run that fast and you can wear a chef's hat for all I care. You earned it.

Justin Ricks said...

Nice race. I saw that you beat Gerald Romero, was he one of the fat joggers?

brownie said...

I'm not sure what the hell Gerald was doing, but he certainly wasn't running hard.