Thursday, April 03, 2008

the witches of Manitou...

Good article in this week's CS Independent concerning all the rumors about Manitou being a haven for witches. I had heard this ever since I started hanging with the Pikes Peak racers in Austin. The nice people of Colorado Springs think Manitou is some kind of Harry Potter magicland. I even believed it, though I just assumed Manitou was full of wiccans, who I think are weird, but I figured I'd have much less of a problem with them than the jesusfreaks in CS.

But I have never, ever seen any evidence of a witch in Manitou. And even before I moved here, I spent tons of time on this side of the highway.

Couldn't find a link to the article, so you'll hafta pick up a copy of the Indy if you wanna read it. It's in the special "annual manual 2008" section. I'll copy the final paragraph of the article:

"By the way, my little quest turns up six witches. None lives in Manitou. And none of them knows any witches who call Manitou home."

No comments: