Wednesday, April 16, 2008

run

Good workout at the Manitou high track yesterday. Started out with 2 x 200m with 30 seconds rest. Hit those in 35 seconds. Then did 10 x 400m with 60 seconds rest in between. Finished with 2 x 200m.

Ran the first 8 400m repeats all between 81 and 84. I had never done track work with so little rest in between, so I had to take it easy to see how I'd respond. The short rests made for a rough workout, but I managed to open things up on the last two quarters and hit 71 and 74. Then hit 34 for the final 200's.

Afterwards some of us hit Kinfolk's to shoot the shit. Good times!

This morning it was out the door at 5AM to do the Garden 10 miler course. Wanna break 65 minutes for that race, but it's a real tough course so we'll see. That race starts by my house and a bunch of people are doing it, so I'll probably have some kind of shindig at my place to pass the time between the end of the race and the beginning of the hash.

No comments: