Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CRUD - it's what's for dinner!

Twice in the past few days I have used the word "crud" to describe a bodily secretion of mine.

First time was Sunday afternoon. My ear had been acting up since Friday. Had used lots of ear drops and hydrogen peroxide, to no avail. Finally, I jabbed a Q-tip in there and went to town. What came out scared me a little. It was all nasty brown with all kinds of lumpy things. I showed $100 and said, "look at all this fucking crud in my ear." She about puked, but I smiled at the quality use of a quality word.

Second time was Tuesday afternoon at the CSHP health place on South Nevada. There was a nurse practicioner doing the exam. She asked me to describe my snot (she actually used the more medical "mucus" but whatever). I said, "oh, it's been real nasty. And lots of it. A sick looking yellow color, very thick, with lots of red and black/brown crud in it." She gave me antibiotics and threw me out of the hospital.

CRUD - it's what we are!

1 comment:

Smut Mutt said...

Your ear doc may have already told you this but you might try cleaning your ear with one of those kits. It comes with a rubber bubble you fill with warm water and you squirt it in your ear. Think of it as an ear douche. Probably a helluva lot safer than a q-tip - I'm always afraid I'll go to deep and really fk something up...

One of my ears was plugged up one time and it really did the job. Lotsa gross stuff came out. The biggest chunk looked like a chaw of tabacco.