Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"All of Colorado is burning"

Over 30 square miles of Colorado is on fire this morning. About 15 of those are right down the road near Fort Carson. No big deal at Carson, as there's nothing really important out there to burn, though I'm hoping the fire doesn't spread over to Phantom Canyon, which is one of my favorite drives in Colorado. You can see the haze from the smoke way up north where I work, but other than that the fire won't get anywhere near my neck of the woods, either in Colorado Springs or Manitou. If you smell something burning in Manitou, it probably isn't a forest fire!

Free pint of Icehouse to the first person to tell me who originally said the above quote...

2 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

that would be the old Guv'nor, Owens.

- pauld

brownie said...

You are correct sir. Let me know next time you're gonna be at the Townhouse.