Thursday, April 10, 2008

garden PR

Unlike some people, I didn't oversleep for today's Garden training run. Hard workout, and I was rewarded with a new PR for the tempo 7.2 mile loop. Ran it in 49:49. Doesn't sound too impressive, but it's a pretty hard loop. Had to throw in a huge surge from balanced rock all the way back to the parking lot to break 50 minutes.

Later today it's off to the Incline Club hill climb for a 30 minute race up Barr Trail. Should be shitty weather. Woohoo!

C-4 is going to try to steal my thunder later today. Good luck to her, but I think sub-7 minute miles in the Garden is much harder than giving birth. Case in point: how many high school kids can run seven miles in 49 minutes? Not many. How many high school girls give birth? Seems like all of 'em. So don't be whining to me about squeezing a basketball through your cooter or whatever analogy you chicks use, it can't be that difficult!

2 comments:

crom said...

Here here!!!!

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Yes,yes, wanker. I'll be there again on Tuesday.