Saturday, October 28, 2006

the Leadville quest

Gonna be taking some time off for a bit. Might try to hike some of the lower peaks around the Front Range, but basically for the next month I'll be sitting around drinking beer and getting fat. Been beating my body up pretty good since I got to Colorado and I think the rest will do me good.

Training for Leadville will start on November 26 when the Incline Club begins it's Sunday runs. Also have a tentative race schedule planned:

March 17 - Zeb Pike Marathon
April 14 - Greenland 50K
June 17 - San Juan Solstice 50 miler
July 1 - Leadville Trail Marathon
July 15 - Grand Canyon Traverse (44 miles)
August 18 - Leadville Trail 100 miler

My goal at Leadville will be for a sub-24, and that's gonna take a lot of hard training. Planning on doing a lot of Saturday runs of 30 to 40 miles with the Incline Club run the next day. Wanna work a bit more on speed this season, so I might throw in a couple of shorter races too.

Unfortunately this will prevent me from doing the Pikes Peak weekend. I'll still get to see all the Austinites though, assuming I'm not in the hospital I'd return to the Springs on Sunday in pleanty of time to mooch free beer off Rogue and watch the Pikes Marathon.

1 comment:

LK said...

JT:
Best of luck on your quest and have a hell of a month off. It was good to meet the famous "Brownie" at PD. Never thought I had a snowball's chance in hell in seeing you on the last loop--thought you'd be done and be on your 6th PBR by the time I finished. See you in June. Joe P recommended that I do that race after I do Sunmart and Crosstimbers. Can't wait for the altitude to kick my ass at Lake City. Should be interesting...