Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Zane supper

Went to our little Zane Grey dinner party last night. Shan, Meredith, Paul, Pete, Melissa and myself in attendance. Shan, Meredith, and Paul have all bailed on Zane. We've also got Joe and TJ going though, so we still have a good group. And the quitters actually had good reason not to go, all dealing with other tough races in their schedule. I'm sure I'll still put in a ton of miles with all these folks in preparation for our various endeavors.

Finalized my race schedule, gonna be fun having more than just me heading to all these races. I'm pretty much done with all my long runs until Bandera. I was motivated enough to get up at 4AM this morning to hit the gym. Gonna re-dedicate myself to Gold's, kinda been slacking there lately. Want to hit the free weights two or three times a week in the morning, and head there on some of the evenings to hit the rowing machine, get ready for that adventure race. Plus, by going after work, I can call out Alexis and DBD for being posers.

Thanks to Melissa for cooking last night, my first real meal in some time.

Off to Walnut Creek for the weekly night ride/Mickey's happy hour. Hopefully the news ain't there tonight and the Thirsty Eye atmosphere is a little more laid back.

5 comments:

dayoldfish said...

Mickey's .... like I am there dude.

Gagger said...

Not sure where Leslo, Christy and I will end up. Could be Mickey's...could be Lavaca Street Bar...could be LaLa's or Ginny's....

Barbara said...

Fishy...will be there after the run

Gagger said...

After seeing my big fat face in recent pictures, I'm gonna start back up at Gold's again as well. But screw that 4am crap...that's for insane military boys!

Barbara said...

Looks like I won't be able to make tonight's run...you guys have fun!