Thursday, December 01, 2005

great quote

I'm on a big ultrarunning e-mail list, and everyone is talking about their personal top ten ultra events of the past year. This one is my favorite so far, I thought I'd share:

1 - Narrowly escaping certain death, when a gigantic rattlesnake, with enormous fangs, tried to eat me on the 3rd loop at Javelina. Actually, the snake wasn't that big, and I thinkit was only moderately annoyed that I almost stepped on it, but I still crapped my pants (metaphorically) nonetheless. [a sidenote: i love being involved with a sport where, when you use the term "crapped my pants," you have to specify whether or not you are being literal.]

8 comments:

Gagger said...

Pretty freakin' funny.

Rafael said...

That's funny

brownie said...

FYI, I have never crapped my pants while running. Not yet, anyways.

Barbara said...

Makes for a better story than the Cleveland Browns eh?

Gagger said...

Totally true, Trojan! That's what I thought 1st time I heard his name anyway. :)

brownie said...

I would much rather poop myself 100 times than be linked with cleveland. And I would still smell better than that shitty town.

Barbara said...

Dude....I used to live there. It's not THAT bad..but certainly not the best!

dayoldfish said...

Cleveland Steamer, Cleveland Browns.. coincidence... you decide