Thursday, December 15, 2005

Monte - Live at Workplay

FINALLY got the new Monte CD yesterday. Been listening to it at work today. It sounds pretty good. Doesn't seem to have quite the energy at his previous "Live at the Caravan of Dreams" CD, but that's probably because I'm listening to it on my rinky-dinky work computer. There are quite a few songs I love during his shows that I haven't been able to get on disc, like the alternate version of "1st and Repair," "Let's Go," and "Bringing Me Down." Good version of "Wishing Well" too. Has a few of his slow, boring, love songs on it, I could do without those. Monte should put out an album called "Depressing Love Songs that Losers Who Are Always Whining About Not Having A Girlfriend (Like DOF) Will Listen To," then put out more rockin' live albums for folks like me who are all about ROWYCO tunes. Also, the CD could have used a long version of "When Will I" to push it over the top. But all in all a pretty good effort, and I'm sure my opinion will improve when I listen to it with a bit more volume.

If anyone wants a copy, say something nice about me on my blog and buy me a beer and maybe I'll burn it for you.

Looking at seeing Monte on Dec 23rd at Antone's. This is his annual Christmas party, even though it's not actually on x-mas this year, which sucks.

Also gonna try to catch the Asylum Street Spankers at the Saxon on Dec 28th.

And, of course, the Scabs are at Antone's on the 30th! Ain't no party like a Scabs party!

17 comments:

Gagger said...

Can I listen to it first and then decide if I want a copy?

Oh yeah....BROWNIE IS THE BOMB AT LONG DISTANCE RUNNING!

BRAE said...

Brownie is a wanker!

I guess I don't want one.

Barbara said...

Brownie is a loser..i refuse to suck up to you!

brownie said...

That's OK ladies, there are other things you can do for the free CD...

BRAE said...

That reminds me...........Brownie, did you ever get that CD I got for you?

brownie said...

Yeah, it was good. Reminded me a bit of Tool. Requested them on 101X too.

BRAE said...

They have a show on 12/22/05 at the Red Eyed Fly. I will buy you that beer I owe you if you make it.

Gagger said...

BRAE: What band?

BRAE said...

It is my friends band, 8 Systems. You will meet the bass player at the Hash X-Mas party. He is my date. But he is only my friend so any woman that wants to show him an extra good time should.

Gagger said...

Hmmm. I like guys who can play the guitar....

Barbara said...

Brae..is he cute...hook a sista up!

brownie said...

I play a mean skin flute, does that impress chicks?

Rafael said...

Dude, you rock

Barbara said...

Thanks for the copy...this CD is pretty damn good:)

dayoldfish said...

Scabs at Antone's, guess we know where Raf should end the Darkside

BRAE said...

Hey, Squawkin' came out to play!

Gagger said...

Hey Assmunch,

Haven't listened to the entire CD yet, but so far I like "Wishing Well" and track 10.