Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ivy Division

Special anniversary today, it was exactly two years ago that folks from the 4th Infantry Division caputred Saddam Hussein. I was involved in a pretty heavy firefight that night, though it was in Bayji, well away from the real action south of Tikrit where the ace of spades was finally caught.

Kind of bittersweet, since my old division is currently deploying back to Iraq. Had I stayed in or been hit with stop-loss I'd be in Baghdad right now. I still have several buddies in the 4ID, and I wish them the best of luck in their shitty situation.

7 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

Saddam got decked by someone when he was discovered, right? I assume it was a 4ID guy? Kick ass

brownie said...

That was probably a SF dude who hit him.

Late Nite Drive Thru said...

I hate putting something random in here, but thanks for the postcard, brownie!

and how long have you had the calendar of events up? sometimes I can't believe how unobservant I am...

Gagger said...

He copied that from me...after I copied it from you!

Thanks for the great idea. :)

Rafael said...

dude, that is LNDT, and you WILL show her the proper respect.

Barbara said...

Ok.....where is my damn nut cracker.....?

Rafael said...

Yo Momma, that's who