Monday, December 19, 2005

Jingle Bell Ride

Didn't wake up 'till 1:30PM on Saturday, due to the effects of the previous night's hashmas party. Felt like hell too, but I was still able to drag my ass down to the annual Jingle Bell Ride.

Met Nicole, Becky, and Tiffany down at the start. The JBR was fun. It's more of a parade than a ride. I like seeing all the different kinds of bikes. High end mountain and road bikes, cruisers, dirt, tandem, frankenbikes, folding, unicycles, roller blades, all kindsa goofy stuff. I was on my mountain bike, but I kinda wish I had rode my BMX. The start was super congested, and I did more walking than riding, but once we got onto Barton Springs things were fine.

Doing the trail of lights on two wheeles was fun. It's the most Christmas-ish thing I'll do all year.

From the trial of lights we went down to Austin High, took Cesar Chaves down to Congress Ave, and then went up for a loop around the capitol. It was a cool sight, all those bikes on Congress Ave.

After the ride it was off to bed. Very lame Sunday for me, at least I got out to do one worthwile thing.

3 comments:

dayoldfish said...

JBR, you are gay

brownie said...

Jingle Bell Ride. I was there with three hot, fit chicks. You were with a bunch of fat hasher dudes. Fag.

dayoldfish said...

hrrrmmm... good point