Thursday, December 08, 2005

sunmart strategy

Had the Sunmart strategy meeting/pizza party at Mangia's tonight. Had the stuffed pepperroni pizza, yum yum!

Anyways, I've decided to attempt to break eight hours on Saturday. It's a fairly lofty goal and I'll have to have a great race to do it, but I've been training hard and I do have a legitimate shot. And I figure if I can hold that pace for a few laps, even if I completely fall apart and have to walk the entire final lap I'll still be able to finish sub-eleven and qualify for the Western States lottery.

Also looking like Zane Grey is a definite go. Was checking the race calendar and I'll be able to squeeze in some awesome trail races to get ready. Bandera 100K, East Texas 50K, Cross Timbers 50 miler, Waco 50K, and the Grasslands 50 miler. Other than Bandera, none of those are really "tough" races so it looks like I'll be hitting the Hill of Life many, many times between now and then.

Working half a day tomorrow, then leaving for Huntsville around 1PM. Camping at the park. Thought about getting a hotel but I feel like camping ads to the experience. Gonna be friggin' cold out though.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Give 'em hell wanker!

Rafael said...

You should totally yell out "Hail to Pitt!" when you come in on the last lap.

brownie said...

I'm thinking of lighting up a cigar and poping open a St. Arnold's about 50 meters from the finish line.

dayoldfish said...

that would rock, kick ass WANK