Thursday, December 29, 2005

paid unemployment

Well, just enjoyin' another late rise here on day #2 of joblessness.

The sadness of deciding to leave Austin is slowly starting to be overtaken by the joy of what lies ahead in Colorado Springs. I'm still nervous though, knowing that the main reason I'm making this move is for the adventures of the Rocky Mountains. I'm in a position where I'm able to pack everything I own into my jeep and skip town, so I figured, "why the hell not."

Got a call today from the Texas Attorney General's office, they want me to come in and interview for some kind of child support position. I got a new Jerry Garcia tie for x-mas that I haven't used, so I'll probably do the interview, at least for some practice. I think it's similiar to the stuff I was doing for the BNE, so I wouldn't take the job even if it were offered.

But now, I think I'm gonna have a cold beer and head out to the Greenbelt. Hope all you saps are having fun at work!

7 comments:

BRAE said...

If they want your DNA it is not an interview.

brownie said...

I said it's a job interview, not a date with an Austin harriette!

TJ said...

I just saw you were leaving Austin, and I'm sorry to see you go. The great part about long distance running is that I'll definitely see you around. It's a small community.

Good luck in Colorado, my wife and I have long assumed that we would both end up in Colorado, so I'm sure I'll see you around.

-TJ

Barbara said...

I think it's kinda crappy that they made you leave the same day but ....your being paid so screw it. Enjoy the brew.

Rafael said...

what are you going to be doing in colorado?

PlaysByEar said...

Not skiing that's for sure

brownie said...

Hell no, not skiing! I love how people in TX always talk about skiing and snowboarding like they're some kind of x-games champion. Posers. I'd much rather be going uphill anyways.