Thursday, May 16, 2013

commuting

Wednesday was commute #32 on the year.  Morning 5K in Red Rock Canyon with $100 and the pooch, then a quick five miles to work.  Easy six on the way home.

Schedule is all screwy due to the Primus show tonight.  Up early for a tempo run in the Garden, one mile easy-four miles hard-1.5 mile cool down.  Then I hopped on the bike to work.  After work I'll walk down to the Triple Nickel to warm up the liver, then take a cab home.  Tomorrow will be a run to work and a bike home.

Passed two fully spandex-clad roadies on my ride to work on the Klein.  I know they were jealous of my 100% cotton 1992 Lithuania bronze medal basketball tie-dye shirt, which I scored for eight bucks at the Goodwill in Haight-Ashbury.  



Speaking of well dressed non-car commuters, I read this article today, and while the story is great, I was more psyched that this guy dresses even better than I do:


You think this guy picked up the latest Scott Jurek ultralight space age backpack hydration system?  Fuck no, dude rolls with an Igloo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Tom said...

That is the greatest shirt in the history of the world. Or Lithuanian basketball. Whichever came first.

Steve Pero said...

That guy could probably finish Hardrock!

mike_hinterberg said...

Not only is that Bret guy awesome (and I bet he actually doesn't stick out that much)...
Not only is Rhinelander a classic, gritty, gateway to the Northwoods deer huntin' town with a 130+ year old brewery...
But the dumpy town where Bret was hit by a car, is my crappy hometown. Now there's another reason why Mukwonago sucks!

You combine that with your Lithuania shirt, and it's too much awesomeness in one post.

Andy said...


coolest pic EVER! the guy running, not the shirt...