Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Commute #31/We're #2!

Nice 5K in Red Rock Canyon with $100 and the dog this morning, then grabbed the pack and ran to work. Eight miles.

Perhaps due to my recent commitment to the bike, Colorado has moved up to #2 in the bicycle friendly state rankings!



Shooting for 11-ish hours at Quad Rock.  Meredith has bailed on the race, so no need to run fast.  Slow Aaron and I still have our bet, but I'm thinking anywhere around eleven (or maybe even 12 or 13...) will get the job done.  I've had a bunch of solid four to six hour runs so far this year, just wanting to make that next jump in time to have me ready for mid-July.  Went 11:30ish here last year while hiking a ton, so a half hour quicker isn't much of a stretch.

Just as importantly for this weekend, I need to get my ass to Funkwerks.  The only FoCo brewery I haven't been to.  Seems a bit yuppie for me, so it will be a quick visit and I'll spend any spare time at my Fort favorites - New Belgium, Road 34, and the Town Pump.

2 comments:

M Rubsam said...

You may as well hit the Bud plant on the way in or out of town for the 3 free beers. Plus you can probably win the hourly raffle for a Bud Lite opener shaped like a cactus like I did there last weekend. It's almost a guaranteed win. Just sayin.

brownie said...

I had no interest in the bud plant, but bribing me with free schwag might get me to change my mind.

I have done the Coors tour and that wasn't too bad. Kircher loves it since you can get free zima.