Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Wed

Brandon seems to finally be growing back some hair on his sack after Leadville, talking some smack yesterday. So I guess it's time to leave my pity party and start training again. 7.5 miles on the Garden trails early this morning, 90 minutes.

Would run again tonight but $100 and I are going to the Air Force hoops game vs. TCU (which is Pitt coach Jamie Dixon's alma mater, FYI). I didn't think the Falcons would win two games this year (especially after losing to Div III Colorado College) but they're still in the hunt for an NIT birth.

Signed up for a class at the rock gym. Maybe I'll actually improve on my current V0 ability. Here's the description:

ClimbFit 10 Week Climbing Workout

Increase your climbing performance by a whole number grade for the summer!

-4 weeks technique and endurance

-3 weeks power and grip specific exercises

-3 weeks power/endurance (bouldering or route climbing)

-1 week of rest, then crank harder

We will also be covering other topics to include: injury prevention, nutrition, climbing recovery, on-sighting, falling, climbing tactics for red pointing, stretching, taping, cross training, leading, and projecting.


It's Tuesday and Thursday nights, so unfortunately I'll be missing Incline happy hour for a while. Think I'm gonna start doing that hill Monday and Wednesday evenings if anyone wants to join me.

1 comment:

Brandon Fuller said...

Its amazing what some steroids to the hip can do for your desire to come back and show you how its done.

That description says lots of things like "grip exercises" and "cranking harder". You sure that for rock climbing not some masturbation class?