Sunday, March 27, 2011

Moab: FAIL!

42 miles in nine hours. The PF did not like running on that slickrock one bit. Knew I should have dropped down to the 12 hour run. When I signed up for the 24 hour race, it was with the assumption that I'd be building up for Hardrock. When I wasn't selected for that race, my motivation to suffer for long periods of time evaporated.

Still, enjoyed the nine hours out there, and I feel much better about the upcoming Grand Canyon run in a few weeks.

I highly suggest not going to Moab during spring break. 45 minute wait just to get in to the brewery. Yuk.

Some good smack on three hour marathons over at letsrun. Including this quote of the day:

"I pulled a 3 hour marathon with your mom and bragged for a week."

3 comments:

Hone said...

pathetic

I also read that thread yesterday. Pretty funny stuff. I love lurking on that site. It always helps me get through my morning BM. Is that the 1 where the dude replies that his mom is like 80?

ChrisB said...

PF sux. And that rock was definitely tough on the heels. Good to see you out there.

Feets of Pedestrianism said...

Don't forget about Nolan's...I still have that on my 'calendar'. I was daydreaming about it the enite race at salida, until I ate sh*t on a rock.