Sunday, March 06, 2011

sick

Haven't done much of anything this week. Caught something horrible last Sunday and I get nervous anytime I'm more than 10 feet away from the toilet. Even had to burn two sick days at work. Running has been pretty much out of the question. I remember the epic Matt C story about having a bucket behind the treadmill, but I guess I'm not quite that dedicated. Even skipped the Pueblo 10 miler this morning.

Considering I took three weeks to taper before NOLA, and haven't done much since then, I'm not expecting much in Salida and am starting to think that Moab will just be a glorified long run. Salida has a new course so it'll be tough to predict an ov
er/under, but unfortunately I think it'll be on the wrong side of four hours and I'm guessing I'm gonna owe Nick some beer once again.

Post race grub at Moonlight Pizza if anyone wants to join us. We'll also be doing our annual Salida pub crawl, starting at the 1st Street Cafe around 7PM.

Congrats to Pitt on their regular season Big East title. Pretty impressive considering the Big East is gonna get something like 36 teams into the tourney. Bring on March Madness!

5 comments:

Rob said...

The whole PF thing and now this. Do you think Nick is buying it?

brownie said...

I heard he's going to take pity on me and give me an extra 20 minutes.

You gonna be down there?

Rob said...

Not this year. Sounds like a great race that is definitely on my "to do" list.

Brooks said...

I like how you're already making excuses before I even beat you. Weak.

brownie said...

You should talk some more smack, that worked out real well for you last year.

I'd be skipping the race if it weren't for my streak down there. And I'm hungry for some Moonlight Pizza.