Sunday, March 13, 2011

65 miles

First solid week of training since mid January. Not a whole lot of motivation to train hard lately, since my next serious race is the Ascent in August. But I do have some cool stuff coming up soon that I should probably get in shape for. Hope to have a decent week coming up, including a Rampart Range Road/Waldo Canyon/Longs Ranch Road on Saturday and a trip to Barr Camp on Sunday.

Looking ahead to Moab in two weeks. Planning on running hard for the first 30 on my way to a 50 mile day. If things are going really well I might continue on to 100K. Have some other stuff I want to do in Moab so I won't be pushing myself all night long. Really going out there to get in shape for the Grand Canyon trip in April.

Think I may have the PF somewhat under control. Been fairly consistent on stretching and wearing a brace at night. That, combined with the very low mileage over the past six weeks, seems to be doing something. Kind of nice not being brought to tears every morning when you put your foot on the floor.

Pitt has a fairly easy bracket and should make the final four this year. Could play ODU ($100's alma mater) in the second round, which would help restore some balance to the house after the debacle at the Super Bowl. Strong possibility of a match with Wisconsin as well. Perdue loses in the second round to Georgetown, FYI. Upset special: Northern Colorado over San Diego State! Would love to see Bucknell make some noise as well, as I once ran a 4:32 mile on their track, but I don't see them getting by UConn.

2 comments:

GZ said...

4:32?

If you run without that silly hat you might break 38 at BB.

brownie said...

It's the morning after the new Salida Marathon so I won't be making any noise in Boulder, despite my super elite A wave status. Still, I've never broken two hours at BB, maybe I can dip under that.