Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2:53:10

Finally back in the Springs. Going to take quite a while for my liver to recover from this trip.

Official time was 2:53:10. It's a PR that will stand forever, as I'm not willing to revisit the pain of the final six miles. I'll stick to hiking 45 minute miles up the Incline.

1:28:18 at the first half, probably my third fastest half ever. Came back with a 1:24:52, a PR at the 13.1 distance, which included two beers. The only other split I remember is hitting the first mile at 7:15. 26th place overall out of 3140 finishers.

Finally got my Bolder Boulder A wave qual. Also nabbed an automatic entry to the NYC marathon, so I may have to look into heading out east this November. But most importantly, I'm in a very good position to enjoy some free beer in Salida.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. My phone got jacked up on the trip so I haven't been able to keep up with the online stuff.

I'll post a lot more tomorrow...

5 comments:

Olga said...

Holly shit, Brownie. Rub it in, 2 beers...ass. Congrats:)

Jesse said...

please tell me you are kidding about the beers.

GZ said...

Stoked for you man. Well done.

Let me know if you need a base camp for BB.

brownie said...

Not kidding about the beers, they really helped pull me through the final few miles.

Usually stay at the hotel near the Dark Horse for BB. Not expecting a good time there since the new Salida Marathon is the day before, just want to get to start with the fast guys.

Rob said...

Maybe 2 beers on the 1st half would have got you sub 2:50. Congrats on the PR!