Sunday, June 13, 2010

weekend

Pretty solid weekend.

Section 16 on Friday - 5.5 miles with a good, steep climb. Might start doing this as a weekly time trial kind of thing.

Was planning on heading up and down Pikes on Saturday, but crappy weather up high but a squash to those plans. Did end up getting to Barr Camp, than ran with Fast Eddy up to Adaman Rock, then continued on Elk Park out to the sign for the oil tunnels. Steady rain, but nothing like what was going on above treeline. 5 hours of time on my feet, a good chunk of it over 10,000 feet. Ended at Kinfolk's, where I got the first PBR of the day. Free beer rocks!

Garden 10 miler today. Volunteered before the race, nabbing a coveted Triple Crown of Running race staff t-shirt! Since I started at the back of the pack it took me 10 minutes just to get to the mile mark. Took the day easy, hitting 6 miles in 45 minutes before stopping to drink a beer with Muzzy. Hit nine miles in 74:30, then dropped a furious final mile to finish in 1:19:54. Ended up getting 15 miles in on the day by running to and from the race.

Final weekend of hard training. Feeling good. Bring on Bighorn!

2 comments:

Digger said...

Good luck at Bighorn Brownie, I hope your taper is going well.I would follow along, but I'll be at my own sufferfest in Tennessee.
Easy on the PBR the night before. Just kidding, it's not drinking, it's carbo loading.Way more fun than pasta.
Digger

GZ said...

That is a pretty damn good 10 mile considering it had a ten minute mile to start and a brew in the middle.

No excuses at BH.