Wednesday, June 30, 2010

halfway through 2010...

Commute #14 this morning, easy five miles to work. Have the goal of 20 times of running/riding to work in 2010, but might hafta shoot for 30.

Been six months since I've had fast food.

Currently sitting at 1890 miles for the year. Probably get another 10-12 in tonight at the CRC happy hour run.

I've gone to yoga 47 times. Little behind, but I'll catch up. Should have went with 100 hours as the goal, as I'm at 55 hours for the year.

Way behind on the push up goals. Probably have to average 150 a day for the rest of the year to catch up.

Starting to think about Hardrock. Drop bags, splits, finish time. More on that to follow...

7 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

I am still cooler than you.

John "Homie" Prater said...

DeWalt's name dropped off the Hardrock list today. Bummer. Amazing watching him come into Putnam last year.

mike_hinterberg said...

Nice job, keep it up!
I have to be careful because I never want to sound like a crusty, self-righteous jerk, but if you give it a few weeks or a month in a row of bike or run-commuting, it becomes a habit such that you will develop an utter disdain for driving short trips.

Then, you'll have a better monetary AND caloric budget for beer -- which is nice -- and then you too can be a crusty, self-righteous jerk with an utter disdain for driving short trips!
=)

brownie said...

Damn, seeing DeWalt was always one of the highlights of my year! Sucks that he's out. Any idea of why, besides the fact that most guys his age need help going to the bathroom while this dude is out finishing Hardrock?

Mike, I'd run everyday if I didn't go to the gym over lunch and yoga after work. Thinking of getting a cheap craigslist BMX bike to keep at the office though...

And I'm torn on the whole Blackhawk boycott. There's a brewery there I haven't been to.

Brandon, you get a big buckle from Pb, like I have (or a cannibal hat from Lake City) and we'll talk cool.

mike_hinterberg said...

Yeah, that mostly applies to bike-commuting, I hear you that run-commuting limits your ability to go other places during the day.
Cheap bike is the way to go, most of the winter I rode a bike that I found on the side of the road for free while on a road trip in Minnesota.

If you get a BMX bike, be sure to get pegs so you can pick up ladies.

Jeff B. said...

No fast food for six months? Good job; wouldn't have expected that from all the beer, yet beer is much better for you than toxic fast food. Keep it up! You are about 500 miles ahead of me for total miles; but I don't expect to catch up.

John "Homie" Prater said...

I don't have any more info on DeWalt. Just noticed that his name was dropped from the list.