Thursday, May 06, 2010

$1.44

Despite my recent limited mileage I'm catching up on the magical one dollar mark. 1309.6 miles run as of this morning, $1883 spent so far. If I weren't counting Boston race rego and airfare (which was paid last year) and NOLA rego (which is paid but the race ain't 'till next year) I'd be under the dollar mark.

Not sure what to count for the Grand Canyon. The $75 to renew my parks pass (which I would do even if I didn't run)? The cost of gas (for a trip I'd be taking even if I didn't run)?

In the end, it shouldn't matter, since I can't forsee me spending too terribly much more on the sport, but I see a lot of miles in my future...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you not counting shoes? I think some shoes cost more than $1.00/mile. Its weird that its cheaper to drive or even fly for that matter. Of course, if you go barefoot....?

Jeremy said...

Good luck tomorrow. I'm riding a century and drinking homebrew after, so we'll have a beer in your honor.